Sunday, June 11, 2006

Do you like RAP Music??

Quite frankly I am not a fan, but..it appears my #2 son has taken on being a rapper as his indeavor in life...so I may have to make a huge adjustment. Life is weird...daughter-in-law Christian Music...son rap.

How do I decribe my #2 son...he his so complex. Lets say I should be bald from pulling out my hair...he has put me to the test as a mother.

#2 has always "colored outside the lines". He will push things to the edge..but knows where the edge is. Does that make sense?

I could (may some day write a book about all my boys), #2 would have many many chapters.

#2 ALWAYS tested off the scale in the smarts category. 6th grade...reading at 12th grade level...9th grade reading at college level...etc etc.

I remember in high school his history teacher called. "Mrs..D...I have good news and bad news.
Good News: #2 is one of the brightest kids I have ever taught..he should be in my honors class..and he just scored 2nd highest at the school in the state history exam.
Bad News: He flunked my class because his attendance was less than 50%.

My response..flunk him..he needs to learn responsibility.

Well, it appears he was writing music and rapping instead of going to class.
And...he wins money doing it. They have contests on 6th Street in Austin and he has only lost twice. Its called free-styling.

So he has a site on my space and you guys need to check it out...
3D

He wrote and composed most of it. Had it mixed..all the tracks are his voice.
Since I know nothing ( and I mean nothing) about rap...I really don't know if it is great or aweful. But, "they say" its really really good.

So enjoy...and SOMEONE please...tell me what you think.

KT

6 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger wack said...

Not bad stuff. I can definetly ( I think) hear some of his influences (Talib Kweli, Eminim, Tool) etc. This is the kind of rap I like to have playing in the background while drinking and conversing with friends :) Oh and, thats a good thing!

-Grant / wack

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT, No. 2 will come around. If I read your post right (and I don't mean to scare the shit out of you), he sounds exactly like me. I was WAY too smart for my own good, but it led to me seeking out and experiencing just about everything life has to offer. The rap thing? Did it - it was a phase for me. If he is anything like I think he is, he will have LOTS of phases. Why? Because he is intrigued by anything that makes him think or is different. Right now, it's rap. Next year it will be something else. And so on, and so on and so on. I hope you don't think this is too forward, but your job as a Mom is actually to encourage him. Even if it's something you don't necessarily care for. But, and this is a big but, you have to find a way to help him channel that genius into something constructive. I'm not sayin rap isn't constructive (and he will rebel if you fight him), but you need to find a way to satiate his need for something "new" and get him to focus his energy on something GOOD (like, say, college) at the same time. Not an easy thing to do with a "smartie," but it can be done. Support him in whatever he does (I know you do), but that includes things you don't necessarily like - like RAP! My $.02

Nuts

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Krazy's World said...

Thanks guys...

I have given him my full support. The only thing about the "rap" scene is that there are some scary people who hang out there. In fact he was attacked by three girls while at work and had to mace them to let him go.

Good news..he has two years of college under his belt AND just got accepted to a 4 year program.

WOOT!!

And again I appreciate your comments!!

KT

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krazy said: "In fact he was attacked by three girls while at work and had to mace them to let him go."

You consider this a BAD thing? hahahahaha that's a BENEFIT!

nuts

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home